Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N looses settings

Hello,

I have purchased this router for 2 of my clients (at different times) in the past year. Both have the same problem - they loose connectivity (both wired and wireless) and they also loose all their settings (SSID, etc). I re-configure them and they work from a few days to a month or more, then the same problem. I have upgraded firmware, and both are on a UPS. Both are running in a simple DHCP/router mode from a single ISP and no VPN set-up.

Should I contact support for both units to be replaced?

Thanks,

Rich

2 Replies 2

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your devices. I would call the Cisco Small Business Support

Center at 1-866-606-1866 and let them troubleshoot with you on these and if necessary they can create a RMA

for replacement of these devices.

THANKS

DominikAu
Level 1
Level 1

hello.

i've experienced the same problem several times till now and think that it's more likely to happen when someone establishes a vpn router <-> client connection. it happend to me twice, so after 2-3 minutes connected the connection to the router (via wan) is lost. the device wont respond to a ping, vpn connect, web, ... on lan, wan and w-lan and stops routing too.

have you found a resolution or did cisco offer you two new devices?

(i'm afraid that, if i open a case on this bug, that it would be closed with a "works for me", because it takes 20-40 days till this problem occurs)

kind regards

dominik