Dear all,

I set up a  network in packet trace.

PC0 :      192.168.1.100/24

RouterA:  192.168.1.254/24 (fa0/0)

RouterA : 10.19.6.253/24 (s1/0)

RouterB : 10.19.6.254/24 (s1/0)

RouterB:  192.168.2.254/24 (fa0/0)

PC1:        192.168.2.100/24

PC0 andPC1 can not ping the default gateway (192.168.1.254/192.168.2.254). I don't know why?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Is interface fa0/0 on both routers in up and up position?

What does "sh ip int brie" shows?

HTH

Reza

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

How are you connecting the PC and the router? Are you connecting them back

to back or through the switch? If you are using the switch, are the ports

where router/PC connected in the same VLAN? Can you check the ARP cache on

the PC (arp -a) to make sure that you are seeing Router's MAC in the PC?

Regards,

NT

I am not able to read the attachment and so do not know if it had information that was helpful. I think that the question from Reza is an excellent starting point and relates to the question from NT about how they are connected. If the PC to router connection is not correctly set up (crossover cable if directly connected) then the router interfaces should be protocol down, and that would explain why the PCs do not ping the gateway.

In addition to those good questions I would ask if you can check and confirm how the PCs are configured? Do they have the correct gateway address configured?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

i remembered checking out one of the lab exercises in CCNA exploration. the weird thing about it is that the PC to router cable connection uses cross cable (one with - - -). try mixing between straight and cross cable connection until you see green light blinking. i'm sure one of them will work. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card