UCCX 8 HA question

Unanswered Question
Sep 12th, 2010

I have a Call Manager 2nd subscriber and UCCX 8 HA server at a remote site. Remote from the CM pub and sub and the first node of UCCX 8. There are agents at both locations.

If they lose the WAN link I know the two sites should run independent, with the remote agetns registering with the local UCCX second node and utilizing the 2nd subscriber at the same location. The SRND says that when the link is restored that the databases sync (and this should be done at off peak time because of the bandwidth needed for the resync). Do all services then go master on the first node again, and is there any effect on agent status (dropped calls, go to Not Ready, error message, etc). Do all the remote agents get re-registered with the first node?

Anyone here actually tested this? Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
davidkcampbell Thu, 09/16/2010 - 09:45

Bump ... just curious is anyone has tested this, or has an educated guess. Thanks in advance.

Ahmed Khalefa Wed, 12/01/2010 - 02:49

Good day David ,

- About your inquiry .

- i know that if the 1st node of the UCCX is down , the CAD will be redirected to the 2nd Node

- Agents will be in Not-Ready State till they change their state manually .

- All Services then will be Master in the UCCX 2nd Node .

- When the 1st Node is Up again , all Services will be Slave till you restart the services manually on the 2nd Node .

- i tried this on my Lab Environment and it worked as i sayed .

Hope this could help ,

Ahmed Salah

Actions

This Discussion