I have the following problem with
- 2x 3750G-12S Distribution-Switches (DS) and several 3560/2960 Access-Switches (AS)
- redundant Fiber optic uplinks between AS and DS
- Cross-Stack Etherchannel config on all uplinks
- UDLD aggressive mode configured on all uplinks
- when I reload the DS and the switch comes up again, I've lost the connection with several (not all) AS
- looking at the AS log I found the following error message: "%UDLD-4-UDLD_PORT_DISABLED: UDLD disabled interface Gi0/1, aggressive mode failure detected"
- in the log of the AS I don't see intf Gi0/1 go down during the reload of the DS
- this means the DS didn't shuts down all its ports during the reload
- but this also means that UDLD on AS didn't know about DS reload, and therefore didn't resets counters
- I'm now configuring errdisable recovery on all AS
So I'm forced to configure errdisable recovery, even if I don't want.
Any other solutions/workaround?
For Cisco guys: what do you think about my case: it has to be considered a Cisco bug?