Replies

X2-10GB-LRM and Fiber Optical Compability

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a Fiber Optical Cable with the following reference:

- FILOTEX FUMAY TS 06-E-F-6-62.5

I know that it a cable with a core pf 62,5 nm and a 6 pair cable.

I want to intall 2 equipments on both end to pass 10GB with the X2-10GB-LRM.

Does anyone knows the characteristics of this cable ? I could not search nothing in the internet.

Best Regards,

Bruno Petrónio

2 Replies 2

Michael Dooley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not have any information on the fiber you are asking about.  However, it is most likely FDDI grade or OM1.  For either of these you will need the mode conditioning patch cord described below and in the bulletin (follow the link).

Cisco X2-10GB-LRM

The  Cisco 10GBASE-LRM Module supports link lengths of 220m on standard  Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) grade multimode fiber (MMF). To  ensure that specifications are met over FDDI-grade, OM1 and OM2 fibers,  the transmitter should be coupled through a mode conditioning patch  cord. No mode conditioning patch cord is required for applications over  OM3. For additional information on mode conditioning patch cord  requirements please see: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/product_bulletin_c25-530836.html.

Mike Dooley

gigamods1
Level 1
Level 1

Bruno - that's an Alcatel cable OEM manufactured by by Filotex.  Fumay is the name of the factor in France where it's made.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: