Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM Down Error in IP Phone

madhab_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In my VoIP network, I am using  CUCM 6.1 and Cisco IP Phone(7931/7911). I have two MCS 7835 Server( One is using as Primary and another as Secondary).

Some of the Phones some times getting down and showing an error message "UCM Down". and after some times its again getting register  autometically with Secondary,  after some times again its getting register with Primary server though in WAN link no Link issue is there.

Anybody is there to help me out from this type of problem.

Thanks & Regards

Madhab

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out this: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2007806.  This idicates the phone lost connection to the call manager server it's registered to.  Either network issue or a server problem.  If you install the real-time monitoring tool and look around the alert central you can see if the server has had a problem as a first place to check.  Alternatively you can check the phone console logs by going to the phone's IP address right after the problem happens and look at the status messages (if your phone is newer 7941/7961/7970+).

Hi Joemar2,

Thank you very musch for your reply and valuable suggestion.

But I checked the link, there is no link issue. then I registered that phone with secondary server, then also same thing is coming by a time interval/

Regards

Madhab

Is there a firewall between your phones and the Call Manager servers?  When I hear "time interval", I think of default timeouts in firewalls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: