cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Caller-ID with SIP Service

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer using a NexVortex SIP trunk with their UC540.   When the setting on NexVortex says PBX Generated ID for Caller ID,  it shows up on the called side as unknown number.

I have the caller-id number entered in the caller-id section of CCA.

Anyone have an idea why this doesn't work?  They have 3 different phone numbers that need caller-id so I need the caller-id to come from the UC540.

5 Replies 5

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you collect the output of 'debug ccsip mess' from the router while a call goes out with the issue?

Also, you should call your provider and find out how they populate CLID.  Do they use the 'FROM' field?  Or RPID?

I attached the debug.

The provider is looking for 10 digit number as RPID.

Jason,

Do you have RPID disabled on the gateway?  There isn't an RPID in the INVITE.

I think remote caller id disabled by default.  I changed that.  I attached the updated debug.  It looks like it sends the calling extension as the remote caller id instead of the 10 digit number.

You can configure a dialplan pattern under telephony-service to expand to 10 digits (beware that this will affect the way the number is presented to CUE), or you can configure a outbound translation pattern on your SIP dial-peer to expande the calling number to a full 10 digits:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: