cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 problem connecting to Aironet 1130AG AP

karnold
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have Windows XP Pro laptops that are configured to connect  with our Cisco Aironet 1130AG Access Point and everything works fine.  I am  trying to configure new Windows 7 laptops using the same settings we  used for the XP Pro laptops and they will not connect to the AP.  Have any of  you run into configuration issues with Windows 7 and Cisco wireless access point connectivity  and found a solution?  Is there any documenation on how to configure Windows 7 with Cisco Aironet 1130AG Access Points?

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi kevin,

Whats the client utility that we are using?? download intel proset (if not yet used till now) latest version on the Win 7 and try connecting to the same profile.

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

The wireless card is a Dell DW1501 wireless N WLAN Half Mini Card (Broadcom is the manufacturer).

I had the router setup to not broadcast.  I changed it to broadcast and Windows  7 still will not connect.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Windows 7 is  32-bit on the laptops and I read somewhere online that mentioned they had  the same problems with 32-bit but not 64-bit.  The XP laptops wireless  configuration is WPA-Enterprise with Cisco Leap along with user name and  password.

i have seen the same issue.. we used intel proset and the issue got resolved.

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Kevin,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Surendra  is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card