cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Folder Jumping" with CIFS turned on.

wilfred malana
Level 1
Level 1

Problem : Remote user is browsing a particular network drive path ( G:\Example\Folder) and all of a sudden Windows Explorer will jump to a different folder on the network drive. The "landing" directory is always the same. Remote site is experiencing this issue when CIFS acceleration is turned on.

Hardware:

Main Site:

OE7341 : Ver 4.2.3

Remote Site

NM-WAE / 3845 : Ver 4.2.3

I have 4 other sites with similar setup but this is the only one having this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is this in a production environment?  If so I'd suggest opening a TAC case so they can work with you to gather targeted debugging information while the problem is occurring.  

They will want a packet capture from the client PC, the client side WAE, server side WAE, and server (if available) while reproducing the problem.  Also provide a sysreport from both the client and server side WAE.

If this is pre-production/ demo please engage your Cisco SE and have them open a case with the PDI team and we will want to collect the same information.

At this point I don't see this problem having a simple answer (if ABE was in use then using dynamic shares was the simple answer), and this forum is probably not the best place to get into detailed troubleshooting. Hence the request to have a case opened with the appropriate support team.

Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Does this happen for all File servers clients that this remote site are accessing or only on this particular one that is mapped to the G drive?

Does this file server utilize Microsoft Access Based Enumeration?  If so you may want to enable dynamic shares on WAAS.

The following documentation mentions how to create dynamic shares and the limitations when using dynamic shares.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v421/configuration/guide/filesvr.html#wp1043158

Hope this helps,

Mike Korenbaum

Cisco PDI HelpDesk

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

P.S. if this answers your quesion, please mark it as answered with a 5.

Thanks for the quick response.

Does this happen for all File servers clients that this remote site are accessing or only on this particular one that is mapped to the G drive?
All file servers.

Does this file server utilize Microsoft Access Based Enumeration?  If so you may want to enable dynamic shares on WAAS.
No.

Based on those answers, should I still pursue dynamic shares?

Is this in a production environment?  If so I'd suggest opening a TAC case so they can work with you to gather targeted debugging information while the problem is occurring.  

They will want a packet capture from the client PC, the client side WAE, server side WAE, and server (if available) while reproducing the problem.  Also provide a sysreport from both the client and server side WAE.

If this is pre-production/ demo please engage your Cisco SE and have them open a case with the PDI team and we will want to collect the same information.

At this point I don't see this problem having a simple answer (if ABE was in use then using dynamic shares was the simple answer), and this forum is probably not the best place to get into detailed troubleshooting. Hence the request to have a case opened with the appropriate support team.

Regards,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: