cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant Management via Phone

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to record and save a new Auto Attendant message remotely from an extension.  Also, is it possible to change the auto attendant message from an extension using any of the available recordings.  This was requested for a system getting installed in a large church and they may want to change the auto attendant in case of changes to weekend services.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We have had success using the Alternate Greeting option in the AVT (prompt management system).

[Note: we use CUE editor and build custom prompts with the alternate greeting command...I am not sure if the existing AA .aef scripts have the same ability to look for the alternate greeting and play it if there is one...- Cisco folks- can you comment?]

We assign a DID in the incoming dial plan to the AVT (prompt mgmt) extension.

We give certain users the rights to administer prompts.

Then they can call in to the AVT (prompt mgmt) number from outside the office, enter their user id (extension) and user passcode (same as voicemail PIN) to administer the automated attendant alternate greeting. If there is an alternate greeting recorded, the AA plays it first, then goes in the regular greeting/menu prompts.   We like it for snow days, etc.    But it only adds a greeting/prompt in front of the regularly played greeting/prompt.

When it's no longer needed, they can call in a delete the alternate greeting.

-Stacy

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Local using an authorized ip phone ... Yes. And you can record over existing recordings.

A remote teleworker phone can achieve this remote access, but this would be the same remote instrument, different than dialing in, which is not supported.

This is configurable in CCA.

We have had success using the Alternate Greeting option in the AVT (prompt management system).

[Note: we use CUE editor and build custom prompts with the alternate greeting command...I am not sure if the existing AA .aef scripts have the same ability to look for the alternate greeting and play it if there is one...- Cisco folks- can you comment?]

We assign a DID in the incoming dial plan to the AVT (prompt mgmt) extension.

We give certain users the rights to administer prompts.

Then they can call in to the AVT (prompt mgmt) number from outside the office, enter their user id (extension) and user passcode (same as voicemail PIN) to administer the automated attendant alternate greeting. If there is an alternate greeting recorded, the AA plays it first, then goes in the regular greeting/menu prompts.   We like it for snow days, etc.    But it only adds a greeting/prompt in front of the regularly played greeting/prompt.

When it's no longer needed, they can call in a delete the alternate greeting.

-Stacy

Stacy,

Yes that exactly what I wanted to do.  However, in testing my UC540 I recorded an alternative greeting and it isn't playing before the regular AA message.  Is there somewhere to configure that an alternative greeting should be played before the AA message?  Currently I'm using just the system provided AA messages and I I haven't recorded any custom AA messages.

Alternate Grreting hooks are not in the 8.0.4 SWP scripts.

It is the 'script' that needs to be customized to allow it.

Send an email to ask-cue-editor@cisco.com and tell them what you would like.

Check out Technical Enablement Labs too.  We have one explaining this but make sure the version of CUE matches the script please.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12789

Stacy,

Very good idea assigning a DID to AA prompt management!!!  Happy to hear that actually works.

Thank you for sharing this.

Steve

Using CCA 3.0 and UC 500 SWP 8.1.0 I am able to dial into my AA and then dial the AA Prompt management extension over SIP Trunks (used both Cbeyond and Triad telecom) and was able to authenticate and adjust it remotely this way.

So CCA 3.0 includes scripts with the alternate greeting ?  I have not played with CCA 3.0 YET...next week for sure.  I am nervous about it's 'lack' of AA options as compared to the custom scripting we used to be able to do.

Stacy

Happy NY Stacy!!!!!

No, the script hook for alt greeting still requires customization.   But the remote access doesnt require you to burn a DID to associate with the AA prompt Management.   At least on my system its working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: