cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients Not Detected on MSE (2710 Location Appliance)

chris.brunt
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having problems with clients not being detected on the MSE (2710 Location Appliance) since going to version 7.0.98.0 on the controllers. (a mixture of WISMs, 3750s and 5508s). I am running 7.0.164.0 on WCS.

The errors I seem to be getting on the 2710 are as follows: (there are hundreds of these errors)

AesLocationMathPureJava.validateInputsAndPrepareForCalculation Reason: Client Tx Power out of bounds. Expected -30 < clientTxPower < 60. Obtained: -128

The location appliance is sucessfully locating rogue aps (and their clients) with no problems. It is also locating one CCX v5 Client. We do not have any RFID tags at present.

If anyone has an idea what might be causing this that would be great.

9 Replies 9

PerseSchool_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same issue with WCS Version 7.0.164.0, Controller version 7.0.98.0 & the WLA Version 6.0.102.0 , The Rouges show but no clients with the same error logged.

Please can someone post on this issue.

I have just heard from Cisco that the 2710 with 6.0.102.0 and 7.0.98.0 Controller / 7.0.164.0 WCS is not currently supported at the moment and they have asked me to log a TAC case. I will update here when I have more info.

Many thanks for the information and good luck with the case. Looking forward to your update.

Regards

Paul

chris.brunt
Level 1
Level 1

TAC case still proceeding. This is actually a known issue CSCth48443 -  Location Appliance stops tracking Wireless Client when WLC code is  7.0

rob.drye
Level 1
Level 1

The bug notice has a "fixed in" version of 6.0.103.0.  I was able to obtain this from TAC.

Thanks for the info Rob, anyway of getting the new version other than a TAC?

Yeah would be useful. I've just found out my service contract is out on the 2710 so I can't get it from TAC. In the process of renewing.

I had the exact same problem after upgrading WCS and WLC4404 to version 7and 2710 to version 6.0.102.0.  TAC sent software version 6.0.103.0 for the 2700 Location Appliance (along with a disclaimer) and it fixed the problem.  No word yet on an official release for the 2710.

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, i have just wrote a quick document about this problem and the solution for

it. I see is is already inline with the replies posted here.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13521

Have a good day!

Serge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card