I was not allowed to write cisco exam just because the initials in the ID expanded???

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2010

Dear My Friends,

I am new to this forum. Just wanted to update my recent experience with one of the cisco testing center.

After studying for more than one month I finally decided to give exam. Last Thursday I had exam registered at one of the cisco testing partner at MG Road Bangalore.

I made myself sure about carrying ID cards and I noticed that my registered name for the exam has initials and the name I have on my PAN card is expanded. I called the exam center and asked about the ID's having this surname expanded. After a short discussion the guy asked me to come down to the center with the ID and it should not be a problem taking the exam.

I arrived at the test center at 6 PM (exam scheduled at 6.30PM), submitted my documents and registered my entry on thier book. I was asked to sit and wait.

20minutes paased, now the guy called me and informed.."you cannot take this exam, I cant accept the ID card".

I had even submitted other two ID card, one being the company employee photo id card and another my bank debit card also. But the guy refused to accept. I asked him is there anybody so that I can speak to?..he denied saying nobody you can speak. I asked him to take any proof including finger prints or anything, just let me write the exam. Later if anything is found that I am ready to face any consequences.

No use.

I tried customer care center, but couldnt get through. The center guy informed customer care is closed by that time.

I wrote to the customer care of the testing center, and I got the reply that "Due to name descripency I was not allowed to write the exam and they are not going to reshedule or refund the fees!"

My question is "Is it right not to allow for the exam just because of the the initials expanded in the ID?"

Same ID card accepted even in the Airport and at the banks.

Will Cisco listen to my pain? Can I get justice?

It is the matter of Rs 12000.00 and month more of test preparations..and my future plans..all shattered..

I am unable to come out of this pain. Please somebody help..whom to conatct..where to compalin?

Regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gurubhai123 Wed, 09/15/2010 - 02:43

Anybody know this kind of issues with Cisco testing centers? Please share here.. you might get help from some good hearted people. I still hope the same.

Somebody respond to this..if it happened to u or any of ur friends /relatives?

How can they take the money just like that?

gurubhai123 Thu, 09/16/2010 - 04:58

Noboy views or nobody has nothing to share? or nobody has any comments?

burleyman Thu, 09/16/2010 - 05:23

I would open a case with Cisco. Go to this link and create a profile and tell them what happened. Here is the link.

http://ciscocert.force.com/english/MainPage

You could also contact the testing company and explain to see if they can do something.

Don't let this stop you, keep trying.

Good luck,

Mike