Replies

LMS 3.2 - Can't add new devices to RME 4.3.0

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

since some days I get the error message

Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/dm/rmeattributes.jsp!!!No bean specified

if I want to add new devices to the RME.

The last change I did was to update the device packages directly over cisco.com.

But I can't tell if the problem persists since the update or not...

Thanks for any advice!

Sven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This switch type is supported by Cat2960 package 6.4.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

I found some strange behavior.

We have one new device which is a WS-C2960S-24TS-L (in LMS named 2960 stack).

I didn't add this device to RME together with others.

But after I deleted this one device from Common Services I was able to add other devices to RME.

I checked the device packages of RME and I didn't find a package which is named "2960 stack".

Is there a package available?

And the other question is, why it is not possible to add devices which are known in RME?

Thanks a lot!

Sven

There is no such package (2960 Stack).  You do not need to add devices to RME that are already managed by RME.  Only devices in DCR that are not already in RME are seen in the RME Add Device interface.  Trying to add a device to RME that is not supported (i.e. one for which a device package does not exist) should not result in the error you're seeing.  Something is broken.  If you can reproduce, post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Hi,

thanks for the reply!

I checked it once again.

If I want to add the 2960S device to RME I will get this failure message:

Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/dm/rmeattributes.jsp!!!Cannot find bean  dcrdeviceTable in scope null

The other message "Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/dm/rmeattributes.jsp!!!No bean specified" is a little bit strange...

Today I will get this if I want to add some other devices together with the 2960S device.

I think that I didn't mark the 2960S yesterday....but I can't be 100% sure.

It looks like that the problem is this unknown device.

Is there a package for this 2960S device or what can I do to get it in RME?

Thanks a lot!

Sven

What is the sysObjectID of this particular switch?

Hello,

the OID of the switch is

Thanks!

Sven

This switch type is supported by Cat2960 package 6.4.

Okay, I have the package 6.1 at the moment.

But I can't find new packages over the online check directly out of LMS against cisco.com.

I will search for the package over the download center.

Thanks a lot, Joe!

Sven

The problem is RME in version 4.3.0.

I first have to update to 4.3.1 to get the newest device packages.

Sven

I did now all necessary updates to RME 4.3.1 and have the device package Cat2960 in version 6.4 installed.

But there is no support for the 2960S device

Any further ideas for that?

Thanks!

Sven

Support where exactly?  The sysObjectID you shared is supported in this package.  RME will be able to fetch the config, process syslogs, and u

pdate software for these switches once the package is successfully installed.

I made some screenshots, maybe they will help for understanding.

It is not possible to do some tasks in RME because I can't manage them in RME.

Thanks!

Sven

What tasks exactly?  If you go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and click on the number next to RME, can you search for the sysObjectID of this switch?  Do you find it?

Hello,

no, I can't find this OID in the RME device packages.

Maybe, as you told me in the other thread about the 2960S switches, is it possible that there is no package for that type of switches available at the moment?

Thanks!

Sven

The latest Cat2960 package does support this sysObjectID and it does show it in the Device Update window.  It sounds like the package was not properly installed on your server.  If you're having problems getting this package installed, contact TAC, and they can provide you an up-to-date package set you can use to properly resync your RME package repository.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco