Views
Helpful
Replies

Complete Call Recording for agents in UCCX

dabellan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello UCCX Team,

Hi, Looking at the RND for UCCX, I came across the following. My customer is looking for call recording by default for all agents in a contact center. The following description seems to provide that. Can you please provide some information on simultaneous sessions? This contact center will have 55 agents and all need simultaneous recording.

is this the information im looking below:

"Complete Call Recording. CAD can be configured to automatically start and stop recording upon call answer and release. Conditions upon which calls are to be recorded are defined in an application script. There are limits to how many simultaneous call recording sessions can be performed."

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yeah, it's possible - you basically configure the workflow in use by the agents (i.e. probably the 'Default' workflow if this is new to you) so that there is a 'Utility Action' of 'Start Recording' when a call is 'Answered'. This is configured in Desktop Administrator which is isntalled on the UCCX server by default.

Someone went to the effort of doing a how-to here: http://dreamforccie.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/automatic-call-recording-at-uccx/

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Here's another doc on how to set up the workflow for automatic recording:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12335

Special attention for the initial notes that describe that this feature was never intented to record large number of call simultaneously. You can check the maximum number of call from the release notes, and will depende on the UCCX version and the server model.

Hope this helps!

Pablo

We just deployed Compliance Recording (part of Workforce Management) with UCCX and it works great for 100% call recording.  Licenses aren't too expensive either.  Much more robust searching/playback then if you just used the built in UCCX recording.

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yeah, it's possible - you basically configure the workflow in use by the agents (i.e. probably the 'Default' workflow if this is new to you) so that there is a 'Utility Action' of 'Start Recording' when a call is 'Answered'. This is configured in Desktop Administrator which is isntalled on the UCCX server by default.

Someone went to the effort of doing a how-to here: http://dreamforccie.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/automatic-call-recording-at-uccx/

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Here's another doc on how to set up the workflow for automatic recording:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12335

Special attention for the initial notes that describe that this feature was never intented to record large number of call simultaneously. You can check the maximum number of call from the release notes, and will depende on the UCCX version and the server model.

Hope this helps!

Pablo

We just deployed Compliance Recording (part of Workforce Management) with UCCX and it works great for 100% call recording.  Licenses aren't too expensive either.  Much more robust searching/playback then if you just used the built in UCCX recording.

I am trying to deploy Compliance Recording, but it don't want to work (without SPAN).

What method were you trying to use?  QM v2.x supports SPAN or Desktop Recording.  v8 adds Built in Bridge from the phone as another option.

But some warning -- the documentation for getting Built in Bridge (they call it Network Recording) working is pretty bad.  It doesn't cover the UCCX/CUCM configuration side -- we had to work with Calabrio support to get it working.

I am trying to use network recording, but can't do it.

Maybe you have some information about it?

I configured CUCM 7.1.5 and UCCX 8.0.2, but cannot configure CR server.

Thomas,

Did you happen to document the steps you took w/ Calabrio to get this going?  Any guidance you could provide would be helpful if you got network recording working.

J

On our first stab at this issue, I don't think we are able to get network recording working properly.  We are getting recording, but it appears to be coming from the desktop.  I haven't done a packet capture to check this yet, but if we turn of span to pc, it breaks recording, which seems to indicate that we're still getting desktop recording.

Here are the steps we took (G3 phones):

1. Setup recording profile, recording destination address to CCX server

2. On physical phone: Built in Bridge On; Privacy Off

3. Span to PC port should go to disabled?  When we make this change, we break recording, making it look like all we're doing is desktop recording, not network.

4. Set recording option to application invoked.  Is this correct?

5. In team admin, set monitor service to point to the IP of the UCCX server and set desktop monitoring to disabled. Desktop monitoring disabled/enabled appears to have no effect on recording.

6. Gave the RMCM users Call Reporting and monitoring permissions

Since it seems like the documentation on the configuration of this feature appears to be limited, here is what we did find out there:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmr.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cad_enterprise/non_release_docs/voip-mon-troubleshooting.pdf

We'd appreciate any guidance from fellow Netpros.  Even better, if Cisco could point to the docs on how to do this, it would be appreciated.

Here's what I have from my notes...

Within CUCM:

Setup a SIP trunk for call recording, with destination being the IP of the Quality Manager server (port 5060)

On the phone device:  Built in Bridge: ON, Span to PC Port: ENABLED

On the agent line appearance:  Recording Option: AUTOMATIC CALL RECORDING ENABLED, Recording Profile:  (whatever your profile name is).  Monitoring CSS: (whatever your CSS is)

The rmuser account must be able to control every phone.

Within Monitor and Recording Administrator:

All VoIP Devices must be imported, and set to Recording Type: Network Recording, Recordng Server: (our IP of QM server)

There's obviously more to the setup, but that's just what I made notes of.  Hopefully some of that might point you in the right direction.  If not, do you have support on this product?  If so I would open a TAC case and have them escalate it over to Calabrio.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: