Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CTS 500 error "Remote site is not compatible contact your help desk"

geomansour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, i was installing 2 Cisco CTS 500 with Cisco CM 7.1.3

I have upgraded the CTS 500 to the latest release 1.6.7 and i was able to add them to the Call Manager and i followed all the configuration mentioned in configuring Cisco Telepresence with Call Manager.

I have also configured the Midlet services and everything seems to be working fine.

The problem is that when i am trying to make a Call between the 2 CTS 500 i am getting on the screen the below error:

"Remote site is not compatible contact your help desk"

Knowing that both CTS have the same version and both of them are registered correctly and no problems is showing.

Can someone assist me how can i check from where i am getting this error?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Seems to be a CUCM config issue

Check region and location make sure you allow enough BW for a TelePresence Video call

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Seems to be a CUCM config issue

Check region and location make sure you allow enough BW for a TelePresence Video call

hi you was correct the problem was from the region settings.

The default region was configured to allow 384 Kbps for Video call and the CTS 500 needs much more.

I reconfigured the default region to allow the maximum Video bandwidth and the probelm was solved.

I was able to do the call successfully.

thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

I am having the same problem between a CTS 1300 and CTS 500.  I have the correct version of the midlets loaded on the phones, I have all the devices set to the same local with unlimited bandwidth but still whenI attempt to make a video call between the devices I get the error message "Remote site is not compatible".

You have the same problem and need the same solution....

Change the Region setting.

With the default Region setting you cannot make a TP call.

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

Thank you very much.  I changed the Region settings for the Default region and gave it more bandwidth and that fixed the problem.  Thank you again.

Regards.

AA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: