cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect 64-bit setup

mzoeller32
Level 1
Level 1

I just had a third party vendor setup a Cisco ASA 5500 series.  I haven't figured out how to setup the Anyconnect on two of my 64-bit clients. One is on Windows 7 and one on Vista.  Eveverything works fine with 32-bit clients.

Is there a specific setting on the ASA that needs configuration?  Also when I install an Anyconnect software version on the client, it's only asking for the IP Address, there are no fields to enter a user name/password as I have seen in other visual documentation.  When I try entering the IP address it just says there was a problem with the connection.

What's the latest version of the Anyconnect.  There are several that came on the CD, but I'm not sure which is the general client version for VPN to just access our local network.  Our setup is pretty simple, nothing complicated.

I'm not very familiar with the ASA so my knowledge on this is very limited.  Any basic instructions would certainly be helpful.

1 Reply 1

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

You will want to be running AnyConnect 2.4 or higher in order to support Windows 7 clients.  AnyConnect 2.5.1025 is the latest client version available for download on CCO.  In a working scenario, AnyConnect will by default display the "connect to" box.  Once a connection is started and the TCP three-way handshake completed, a username and password prompt will be presented to the user if AAA authentication is configured on the tunnel group.  To start, make sure that you are running one of the above AnyConnect versions. Please also make sure that your ASA's IP or FQDN is included in your trusted site list in Internet Explorer.  When connecting with a 64-bit client, are you being presented with the ASA's identity certificate?  If so, try to manually install the certificate into the trusted root store on the client.  Additionally, if you have modified the default SSL encryption types for WebVPN, ensure that they are supported in your browser configuration.