cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Group Policy Password

mzoeller32
Level 1
Level 1

Recently installed ASA 5500.  Right now I have just a handful of users using the VPN.  However when they connect it asks for their network password, but when their password changes I need to make the change in the firewall first.  Is there a setting/configuration so that when they change their network password and they connect via VPN after that change that the Group Policy recognizes their new password so I don't have to go into each user's setup in the ASA and modify their password change?

3 Replies 3

Michael,

Is the ASA configured to authenticate the VPN clients against an internal database server?

If this is so, then the ASA asks the internal server for the password to verify the authentication, and if the password has changed, well, there's no problem.

If the ASA is configured for local authentication, then you need to make the changes manually.

Federico.

That's a good question.  How do I know if it's configured to authenticate the VPN clients against an internal database server?  Like I said I'm not all that familiar with this device, sorry.

Two options.

Either

sh run group-policy

or

sh run tunnel-group

It will show the authentication being used for the particular VPN group.

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: