cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get CCM 6 to recognize additional hardware

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Doing an off line upgrade of CCM 6 ==> CCM 8 in on VMWare prepatory to going on UCS.

The existing image of CCM 6 had a single 80 gig drive.  When attempting to upgrade to v8, it's failing because it wants two drives larger than 72 gig.  I added a second drive, but for whatever reason, the CCM 8 installer isn't recognizing it's there.

What needs to be done to get CCM 6 to recognize that another drive was added?

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Clifford

Getting the OS to recognise the hardware would be one thing, but getting the CCM app reconfigured to use the new space for whatever it would if you had installed it on a server with two RAID arrays would be another...

Basically what you should do is follow the same path you would if you were migrating a physical server to a new spec:

1) Back it up

2) Redeploy the OS and CCM from media on the new spec VM

3) Restore the backup

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yeah, that's been the backup plan all along.

Was trying to avoid having to do that.  Seems rather silly given that the installer should REALLY be looking at what's available rather than the manifest of what's configured.

Hi Clifford

It's not so difficult to do; and the installer (as I understand it) just installs a new copy of the OS and apps to the existing 'inactive' partition. As the 'active' partition is running during that process I guess repartitioning could get hairy and moving mounted/active partitions and data may be problematic.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: