Views
Helpful
Replies

836 router - startup-config is not copied to running-config on startup

bauerstefan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Administrators,

I recently purchased a 836 router with IOS (Version 12.2(11r)YV3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2))

After a successful --- System Configuration Dialog --- setup and my confirmation to write the configuration to NVRAM and a reboot of the device, the System Configuration Dialog is started again. Howto tell the device to copy the present startup-config to running-config on boot?

My settings are present in the startup-config, they just are not copied. After manually do so, everything is fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Stefan

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

bauerstefan wrote:

Dear Cisco Administrators,

I recently purchased a 836 router with IOS (Version 12.2(11r)YV3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2))

After a successful --- System Configuration Dialog --- setup and my confirmation to write the configuration to NVRAM and a reboot of the device, the System Configuration Dialog is started again. Howto tell the device to copy the present startup-config to running-config on boot?

My settings are present in the startup-config, they just are not copied. After manually do so, everything is fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Stefan

Stefan

It sounds like your config register is wrong. Can you post the output of "sh version".

Jon

Jon,

awesome! It was a problem with the config register. The one i bought the device from set it to a wrong value. I changed it back to

0x2102 and the problem was solved! Thanks for helping.

Stefan

No problem, glad to have helped.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card