cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.x Services

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

I have installed Unity Connection 8.0(3a) and it is working fine in a cluster in test mode.  But I noticed that the services on the pub and sub have some items listed as inactive.  From reading up on these, it sounds like they should be active, but I don't know why they came up (or didn't come up) the way they did.  I can't find any documentation that list the defaults for these services.  Can someone comment if I should make some changes before I put production users on these boxes?

Inactive services on Publisher:

Connection Database Proxy (I'll be turning this on for when I run COBRAS)

Connection Jetty

Connection Digital Networking Repl Agent

Inactive service on Subscriber:

Connection Message Transfer Agent

Connection Notifier

Connection Database Proxy

Connection Groupware Caching Service

Connection Jetty

Thanks!

Jill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is for

Connection Jetty - Not required, this is an optional service that enables Java web clients.

Connection Digital Networking Repl Agent - Not required, this is an optional service that is only used when you enable Digital Networking replication between 2 clusters.

Connection Message Transfer Agent - this is a critical service that is enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.  If failover occurs, this service will start on the Subscriber.

Connection Notifier - same as above except this service is responsible for notifications (i.e., MWI) - should be enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is.

Connection Groupware Caching Service - not required, this is an optional service that allows CUC to cache calendar data (from Exchange, MeetingPlace, or MeetingPlace Express servers) and to cache Exchange contacts.

Connection Jetty - optional, see explanation for Publisher.

So, unless there is an optional service that you wish to take advantage of it's features - leave things as they are.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is for

Connection Jetty - Not required, this is an optional service that enables Java web clients.

Connection Digital Networking Repl Agent - Not required, this is an optional service that is only used when you enable Digital Networking replication between 2 clusters.

Connection Message Transfer Agent - this is a critical service that is enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.  If failover occurs, this service will start on the Subscriber.

Connection Notifier - same as above except this service is responsible for notifications (i.e., MWI) - should be enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is.

Connection Groupware Caching Service - not required, this is an optional service that allows CUC to cache calendar data (from Exchange, MeetingPlace, or MeetingPlace Express servers) and to cache Exchange contacts.

Connection Jetty - optional, see explanation for Publisher.

So, unless there is an optional service that you wish to take advantage of it's features - leave things as they are.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Excellent!  Thank you!