Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Call Route Filter with AUNP

garry-baker
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am trying to allow only local calls with a route filter using AUNP. My problem is that if i get local calls out the gateway I also allow long distance calls also. I have tried the following with no joy:

Clause   Subscriber Exists

and

Clause  Subscriber == [2-9]XXXXXXX

with each of these filters i can get local calls out but it also allow long distance calls, for example 07 2333 3333, wheres i only want to allow 2333 3333 with this filter.

What am i doing wrong?

Garry

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not an expert on the AU dial plan, but can tell you that the subscriber bit will just match the final part of the number (i.e. the last 8 digits) regardless of whether an area code is present or not. That's how it works in the UKNP from Cisco (more or less)...

What you'll need to do is add additional clauses, something like:

SUBSCRIBER EXISTS

AND
AREA-CODE DOES-NOT-EXIST

And maybe also an extra one for:

SUBSCRIBER EXISTS

AND
AREA-CODE == whatever your area code is

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Are there any commonly used route filters for the Long Distance and International Patterns in the AUNP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: