WCS Report by vendor (device type)

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2010

I have been asked to produce a client’s report that shows all different vendors (devices type). We have about 10000 users in our system on about 3000 APs (light version) I created a client summary report but encountered some limitations:

If I select any time period over 6 hours, I get the message “The report you are trying to generate contains more than the supported number of records (10000). Change the report criteria to generate a report with fewer records”

If I select a time period of 6 hours or less, I get the report including vendor statistics. Is there any way to differentiate within the vendors by device type? For example instead of the vendor apple, get apple-iPhone, apple-iTouch, apple-laptop, etc.

I would like the ability to create my own reports, by I don’t think it is possible on the Version I’m running. All reports can be customized up to a point, but you still get information you might not care for.

Thanks for any information to overcome these issues.

Jorge Jiles.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Federico Ziliotto Tue, 10/12/2010 - 11:22

Hi Jorge,

It looks like such a level of granularity may not be achievable yet.

Should you need such a feature to be evaluated for potentially being included in future software releases, I would recommend to contact your local Cisco account team.

They should be able to follow up and submit a product enhancement request (PER).

Business units will evaluate PERs and, if feasible for the market, they may consider implementing such an enhancement in future versions of the SW/HW.

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network