cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 & SPA942 MWI not working with Sipgate

trotty1970
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA942 registering with a SPA9000 which handles several incoming and outgoing lines.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work correctly is the message waiting indicator. I enabled it and the indicator remains on regardless of whether a message is waiting or not. Sipgate help suggests that their MWI function is working. Does anyone know the setup required to make it work? Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

If it's stuck on, check the parameter 'message waiting' in the Ext tab under 'Call Feature Settings'.  If it's set to 'yes', the light will be on.  Make sure that you aren't provisioning this parameter to yes.  Check Ext 1 through 4 and set the parameter to no to turn the light off.

Thanks but it was the light not working that was the problem. Now I got a little further. I didn't realise the message ID field (of the spa942) had to contain the line number followed by user ID of my sip account. Now the indicator is working. I just can't find what to populate the SPA9000 Mailbox Deposit URL: and Mailbox Manage URL: fields with.

I put the number of the voicemail account, 50000, into the manage field and it sort of works but doesn't seem ideal. I cannot get any mail deposited though. The call just gets dropped.

It has not been easy finding where this is well documented.

Those settings are for use with the spa400.

Mailbox Deposit URL: 900@:5090
The SPA9000 uses this address to deposit voice mail on the voice mail server.
• Mailbox Manage URL: 800@:5090
The SPA9000 uses this address to access voice mail on the voice mail server.
• Mailbox Subscribe URL: 8888@:5090
The SPA9000 uses this address to subscribe to voice mail service on the voice
mail server.

If you are using a different server for mailbox, the phone has the settings in it's extension tab and the parameters are 'mailbox id', 'voice mail server' and 'voice mail subscribe interval'

OK that explains why those fields weren't working correctly. Maybe I need a SPA400 too. At least the MWI and the voicemail key work OK.

Do you know if I have to set anything to enable call forwarding. I have tried to forward to another landline number via the spa942 softkeys but again the call just gets dropped?

Thanks.

You'll want the admin guide.  Located at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9922

Scroll down to configuration guides.

I am having the same problem where the voicemail message light will not light when there are messages waiting in the mailbox.

Can you clarify what you needed to enter into the Message ID field?  I currently have my voicemail extension (i.e. 50003).  How did you enter the message ID with the user ID of your sip account?  Can you give an example? In my case would it be 50003userid, or 50003-userid, etc.

Also, what entry to you have in the Voice Mail Server parameter box? Should it contain sipgate.com, blank, or some other value?

Thanks!

Rick,

My Sipgate details are, let's say, 321321@sipgate.co.uk and sipgate is registered on line 1 of the SPA 9000.

Therefore message ID is 1321321 (line number + userid)

Voicemail server is just sipgate.co.uk

It was adding the line number to the user id that was just so weird. Took ages to find that in the guide.

Still such shame yu can't forward to sipgate voicemail.

I further found that if you replace vmm with 50000 in the SPA9000 dialplan you can use the voicemail button on the SPA942. Not really sure how that works but got it from trial and error. From memory I think it was <50000:vmm>

Let me know if you get any better results yourself.