Cisco CCIE Lab

Answered Question
Sep 14th, 2010

I have 1 Cisco 2600 series router and 6 2500 series for a total of 7 routers along with 2 3560 Catalyst switches. I need to setup a CCIE Lab, can some please explain to me how to go about doing this? I need to start from the cabling, for example, how to connect the routers. I have some routing and switching experience but i am not sure how to setup my lab because i have done the CCIE course. I have completed the CCNP training and i am certified but that was a few years ago. I have some serial cables

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Lake

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Reza Sharifi about 6 years 4 months ago

Lake,

The switches in the link I provided are running EMI vs SMI.  So, I would say, yes go head and upgrade to EMI.  That will give you full Layer-3 routing capabilities if you ever need to use it.

Good Luck,

Reza

Correct Answer by r-godden about 6 years 4 months ago

yeap upgrade, one thing to do is to setup up lab per the vendor ccie workbook you intend to use, there might be a few odd things you cant do as per their lab book but you can study/prepare on other equipment in your home lab.

Correct Answer by Reza Sharifi about 6 years 4 months ago

Hi Lake,

Have a look at this link for the number and the type of routers you need and how it is cabled.

http://www.ine.com/topology.htm

You can use the 2600 as a BB router, but 2600 or 2500 are very old to run the IOS for the lab.  Your 3560s are good for the lab.

HTH

Reza

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Reza Sharifi Tue, 09/14/2010 - 17:26

Hi Lake,

Have a look at this link for the number and the type of routers you need and how it is cabled.

http://www.ine.com/topology.htm

You can use the 2600 as a BB router, but 2600 or 2500 are very old to run the IOS for the lab.  Your 3560s are good for the lab.

HTH

Reza

Lakeram Harrypersaud Tue, 09/14/2010 - 20:37

Hi Reza,

I really appreciate your quick reply.  That is exactly what i am looking for but i have a couple more questions.

I think the 3560 switched has the basic IOS, would that be good enough or should i upgrade?

Once i have everything connected then i can start to configure the routers and setup Frame Relay?

Thanks,

Lake

Correct Answer
r-godden Tue, 09/14/2010 - 21:16

yeap upgrade, one thing to do is to setup up lab per the vendor ccie workbook you intend to use, there might be a few odd things you cant do as per their lab book but you can study/prepare on other equipment in your home lab.

Correct Answer
Reza Sharifi Wed, 09/15/2010 - 05:53

Lake,

The switches in the link I provided are running EMI vs SMI.  So, I would say, yes go head and upgrade to EMI.  That will give you full Layer-3 routing capabilities if you ever need to use it.

Good Luck,

Reza

Actions

This Discussion