cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TEHO, toll bypass with CUCM 7.1 and H.323 voice gateways

A00460610
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently trying to setup teho (toll bypass) with a Call Manager 7.1 and 4 h.323 gateways, I need to do a lot of digit manipulation so I decided to make my voice gateways H.323 (instead of MGCP), but now it's turned out to be a real problem to get teho to work; because , how will my cucm or gateways know that another gateway is not available, or has no free pstn lines?

With MGCP you can create a route list, but with H.323 it just sends the call to another gateway without doing a follow up. Does anyone have any suggestions? (I do not have a gatekeeper) can gw be h.323 and mgcp?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't attempt to configure the GW as both H.323 and MGCP.  In order to account for the peer-to-peer nature of H.323 you need to configure a little bit of intelligence into your GW & CUCM configurations.  For instance, you can configure your route list in CUCM to have multiple route groups depending on the order you wish to send calls out your GW's.

Hope this helps.

--Matt

View solution in original post

Hi

Not true - you can't put any gateways into a route list; you can put them into route groups. If you can't see them in the list to add them to a route group, it usually means that you have a route list pointed directly at the gateway. When you do this, they aren't available for route groups.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Can you not set the Service Parameter ( Route Plans) to false,  the call will overflow to the next Route Group when the channels are busy?  Also bear in mind you can not have MGCP and H323 in the same Route Groups. If you need change the Route Group to one or the other you have to remove  them first and re-add them

6 Replies 6

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't attempt to configure the GW as both H.323 and MGCP.  In order to account for the peer-to-peer nature of H.323 you need to configure a little bit of intelligence into your GW & CUCM configurations.  For instance, you can configure your route list in CUCM to have multiple route groups depending on the order you wish to send calls out your GW's.

Hope this helps.

--Matt

I can't find the way of putting h.323 gw's into a route list, I believe ouly MGCP gw interfaces can be configured into a route list.

Hi

Not true - you can't put any gateways into a route list; you can put them into route groups. If you can't see them in the list to add them to a route group, it usually means that you have a route list pointed directly at the gateway. When you do this, they aren't available for route groups.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Can you not set the Service Parameter ( Route Plans) to false,  the call will overflow to the next Route Group when the channels are busy?  Also bear in mind you can not have MGCP and H323 in the same Route Groups. If you need change the Route Group to one or the other you have to remove  them first and re-add them

thanks! as soon as I removed the gw from the route patterns that where using it, the gw appeared available for the route group, I'm going to try this now, thanks a lot

Just to let you know, this worked great.Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: