Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal directory

Telindus Espana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have created a personal directory in my CUCM 4 where I have stored several phone numbers (home etc etc).

When I receive a call, for example from my home in the display of mi phone (Cisco IP Phone 7941) show the phone number.

Is it possible to display the description that I have saved in my home directory and put for example HOME instead of displaying the phone number?.

Thanks in advance.
4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This has been asked about quite a bit but there's no feature to allow this to happen.  Pretty much you are interested in the same behavior as a cell phone where if the calling party number is in your contact list or address book then the name instead of the number is displayed.

Hi Joemar

I open other discussion about this same case.

With XML "plugin" thats works ?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2031936?tstart=0

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

I should clarify there's no Cisco (mean Cisco supported) way to do this.  The 3rd party tool that you linked to from the other thread seems to require that the contacts be maintained on a file on the server rather than using what is in the Personal Address Book (PAB) on the phone, but I could be wrong.  I'm just basing this on the descritption from their website: "Associate  display names to calling numbers for incoming calls. Names can be kept  on text file or web server. Also allows ANI*DNIS format for T1 CAS  circuits, and routing based on calling number expression."

Ok Very good

I understood hanks your help full

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: