cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does WIC-2T & HWIC-2FE work together with 2821?

peterw123456
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with this issue. Dose WIC-2T(x 2) and HWIC-2FE(x 1) work together in the same C2821? Because when I installed the 2FE in to my router. Powered on, and the lights on the card are lit continuously, also the card is not detected in the router IOS. I have already installed two cards on this 2821 router(WIC-2T). Is there any limitation on these different cards?TKS!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Peter,

Please post the full output of these commands here:

show version

show diag

show inventory

Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

You've just answered your issue.  The HWIC-2FE doesn't work because you are using the wrong IOS version.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you post the output of the two commands show diag and show inventory please? Also, can you try "swapping" the HWIC card so that the HWIC-2FE is inserted into a HWIC slot where a WIC-2T is working? Is the card recognized if all other WIC/HWIC cards are temporarily removed from the chassis?

Also, what is your IOS version? According to the data sheet about the HWIC-2FE at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/product_data_sheet0900aecd80581fe6_ps5855_Products_Data_Sheet.html , you need the IOS version 12.4(15)T for this module to be recognized by the IOS.

Best regards,

Peter

Thank you!  Because this router is current in use now. I will try it after 1.5 hours(colleagues will go home) under your instructions. 

Thank you so much! Peter!

But I have tried to update the IOS to 'c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-15.T7.bin'(because Im not familiar with IOS version type) so is it right?

My router's old IOS version is 12.4(3g). I use command "show version" shows the 2fe card is UNKNOWN. But when I use it in new IOS, the card can be find in the "show version". BUT the new FE ports are still cant be find in "show run" or "show ip interface brief". I cant config them.

Peter,

Please post the full output of these commands here:

show version

show diag

show inventory

Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

Dear Paluch

Thanks for you help! I will do this after 30 minites. And then I will reply the details.

Thank you!

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 04:30:08 -0600

To: peter_w_123654@hotmail.com

Subject: New message: "Does WIC-2T & HWIC-2FE work together with 2821?"

peter wang,

A new message was posted in the Discussion thread "Does WIC-2T & HWIC-2FE work together with 2821?":

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3180436#3180436

Author : Peter Paluch

Email : peter.paluch@fri.uniza.sk

Profile : https://supportforums.cisco.com/people/paluchpeter

You've just answered your issue.  The HWIC-2FE doesn't work because you are using the wrong IOS version.

Does the IOS 'c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-15.T7.bin' is not the correct one? But the document shows that '12.4(15)T' or later.

My router's old IOS version is 12.4(3g). I use command "show version" shows the 2fe card is UNKNOWN.

I meant this post.

Yes I see. When I update the new version, The router recorgnized 2fe, But I still cant find it in show run and show ip int brief. And all lights are lit. That's the point. Any idea?

peterw123456
Level 1
Level 1

I will try for another version. Any result will be posted. Thank you guys!

peterw123456
Level 1
Level 1

Dear guys! I have update the IOS version. And the problem have been solved! The version which I renewed is c2800nm-ipbasek9-124-20.T3. Now the WIC-2T(x 2) and HWIC-2FE(x 1) work well in my C2821!

Hi Peter,

I am glad you got it running. Please feel welcome to visit the NetPro forums again!

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: