cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0(2) - Can't login to web admin after upgrade

regi_firnanda
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install UCCX 8.0(2) on VM. My CUCM version is 8.0(2).

Because the UCCX license I have are :

- a ver.5 license (port+agents)

- an upgrade license to version 8

Based on the previous answers I got from my previous post in Netpro, to be able to use the licenses, I've also built a UCCX ver.5 and CUCM ver 5 and then use PUT to migrate the licenses from ver.5 to 8. So, I got two sets of UCCX and CUCM :

1. UCCX 5 and CUCM 5 (Lab --> so I can use the port+agents licenses)

2. UCCX 8 and CUCM 8 (Will be used in production)

On both sets I have configured the same :

- Servers' IP addresses (CUCX and CUCM)

- Users with same user ID and password for :

- CCX web admin/ app admin

- AXL user

- JTAPI and RmCm

On UCCX 8, I chose the "Upgrade from previous versions" and upload the data I got from PUT.

Everything was fine and when the process was finished it took me to the Web Authentication page, and when I entered the CCX admin user & pass (from my UCCX 5) my login failed ( Log on failed - Invalid User ID or Password). I can only login to the CLI.

My questions are:

1. Is the scenario I'm doing possible / correct ?

2. If Yes, did I miss something or made a mistake ?

3. Is there a way to reset the Web Admin Password through the CLI or other tools ? Is opening a TAC case the only way to use CET tool ?

Thanks in advance.

Regi

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

When you are installing UCCX8.0(2) you define both a platform admin, and a application admin account. As I recall, you use the application admin account for the first login (similar to the way you use Administrator/ciscocisco on version 5).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are correct, I used that account to start the Initial Setup and chose "Upgrade from previous Version".

But after the server finished importing data from PUT, I can not use that account anymore. I need to use the admin account from the previous version UCCX that was backed up using PUT.

Below is what the upgrade guide said:

" Step 14 Log in to the Cisco Unified CCX Administration using the same application user credentials of your CRS 5.0(2) or Unified CCX 7.0(1) server from where you have taken the backup. "

Regards,

Regi

Ah - I see.

I would probably try two things:

1) Create the same username as you had on your lab system on your production CCM, and then see if it allows you to login as that user.

2) Phone TAC - on pre-8 releases you could run CET, and set the system to 'FRESH_INSTALL'. You could then assign a new admin user. I believe that on 8.0 that you can't run that tool yourself and you need to get TAC to do it for you. Nightmare.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I have tried number 1 and it didn't work.

As for number 2, I agree with you that it's very inconvenient that we have to contact TAC just to run CET tools that was accessable in previous versions of UCCX.

If I there aren't any other solutions from this forum then I guess I have no other choice but to contact TAC.

Thanks for the suggestions

Regards,

Regi

Its a late reply but will help others, the CET tool is residing on the UCCX 8.x server.

CET Tool download right from the UCCX server

https://IP Address of your UCCX 8.x server:8443/uccxinstalls/CetTool.exe

Search this past TAC case for detailed Steps on enabling root id and password or engaging TAC to do this for you.

Past TAC case # 615887409

Hi there,

Can not check this TAC case (TAC case # 615887409). Would you be able to get the details of this case here?

This tool is a good help for those who use Windows based CCX.

Thanks

Hi

This tool requires root access and the root account can only be enabled by TAC.

In future if there is a need to access CET tool for 8.x I will kindly request you all to go through TAC.

Regards

Anuj

Hi wenqianyu,

For windows based UCCX accessing the tool is simple.

Through command prompt just type in CET. No credentials required

Regards

Anuj

Hi guys,

I have run into the same issue as a customer activated LDAP integration without caring for the "appadmin" user... I now try to work around this. I downloaded the CetTool.exe and installed it, i managed to create a root account on the UCCX server. When I start the CetTool it seems it respons to my XP workstation to start a CetTool.bat which can´t be found anywhere. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your ideas in advance.

Cheers,

Markus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: