Helpful
Replies

ANM device importing and config sync - user name authenticatiing via ACS

Paul Pinto
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

We have the following issue:

Switches and ACE modules imported into ANM 3.2. Additional modules added and tried to import. Failed. Tried to sync and recieved the following message for Admin context:

- Failed to import ACE configuration: Device discovery failed: cannot find the serial number.

All other contexts also fail to sync.

Thought this may be due fact that the user Id used for import is and AD account and this authenticates via ACS to AD and this has expired and changed since original import. Deleted chassis and re-impoted with same user Id and new password and all works fine.

Have checked the links below, however, I don't beleive these will resolve the issue:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/3.1/user/guide/UG_manage_devices.html#wp1094120

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/3.1/user/guide/UG_manage_devices.html#wp1393377

I beleive this is occuring due the fact that we are authenticating via ACS to AD for all devices (switches and ACE modules) as well as ANM.

So is the only solution here to create a static user account in ACS and add to relevent NDG's for switches and ACE modules?

Also would we have to have the password never expire as I don't see a way to change/configure this password within ANM apart from when the devices are initially imported?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Paul

2 Replies 2

hh_naseef
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

kindly your help  when i'm trying to import ACE Module i got the following massege .

- Failed to import ACE configuration: Device discovery failed: cannot find the serial number.

does any body have a resolutoin for this error ?.

BR

how did you end up resolving this?

Thanks

Allen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: