Views
Helpful
Replies

Showing call history in directory menu

Dennis Beul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

we are currently setting up an CUCM 8.0 with some 9971 and 6941 IP Phones registered to it.

By pressing the Directory Button on the Phones, the directory menu shows up, giving us the choice to access the personal and corporate directory.

Is it possible to add options to this menu, especially the call history (misseld/placed/received calls). Maybe it is possible to add XML services or service URLs as items to this menu? What customization options do we have and where could we configure that?

Any help or hint would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can add any properly-formatted XML URL to the phone. You can do it from UCM Administration under Device > Device Settings > Phone Services. The service must be of a Directory-type to appear under that button.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 8.0(2) - IP Phone Services Configuration

j.schulenberg schrieb:

The service must be of a Directory-type to appear under that button.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmcfg/b06phsrv.html

Hi Jonathan, thank you very much, that was the info I was looking for. I tried it out with an XML service, works fine.

Unfortunately, missed/placed/received calls in "Phone Services" ARE of Directory-type and don't show up on this button. I figured out that a service is removed from the directory menu if you set service url to things like "Application:Cisco/MissedCalls" - that's why missed/placed/received calls don't show up on the directory menu.

What is "Application:Cisco/MissedCalls" - an internal URL of the phone? Do somebody have an idea how I have to set the URL that the call history elements show up on the directory button?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: