cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE module hung and required hard reset !!Plz help

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

ACE module had bit flip and it was hunged after that.I was not able to run any command(i.e For ex if i run show ft status nothing was displayed).I was not able to run any command on the standby ACE as well is this could be both the ACE module ACTIVE?

Manuaaly reboot from the ACE did not work. I had to forced hardare reset from cat 6500.

Is this a bug or strange behaviour?

I am running ACE A2(2.3) version on the module.

Thanks

ALEX

1 Reply 1

Usually in the case of the bit flip the ace will reset itself, which clears the problem.  In order to understand what is happining to your ACE, you would have to open a TAC case, and provide show tech information, as well as any files that were generated in the "core:" directory.  You can view these using the command "dir core:"

It seems odd that the standby ACE also wouldn't respond to any command input.  Did you have to reset it as well? If you had to reset it as well, then it may have encountered the same conditions that caused the hang on the primary.

Was there any syslog messages generated on the 6500 switch during the time?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: