Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 and BAT load question

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all -

Running CUCM 7.1.3 and I'm trying to set up a BAT install of a VG224 SCCP gateway.  I can get this to work every time with just a basic BAT CSV file(includes MAC, Description, Slot, Subunit,Port Directory Number, Port Number, Port Description) which is good.  However, we have about 30 VG224's to install and I need to ensure that the BAT file includes the ASCII, Alerting and Descrition and Mask information for line 1.  When I add these columns to the csv file I get an error (which changes slightly as I work on adjusting the column header or contents (error now is ---> Ascii text label 1(Record Number 1) 2004 ASCII Line Text Label is blank  <---  )

I'm not quite sure what I have missed.  I believe the CSV file is right but clearly this is not working.

Does anyone have a CSV format for an SCCP VG-224 BAT load that includes all the alerting and name information that works or could someone point me in the right direction?  I have gone through the docs but I just cannot locate the answer.

Thanks

Les

2 Replies 2

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Les,

Probably the column heading for the ASCII Line text label is something different than what CUCM expects. To be sure, you use BAT.xlt and generate a sample file with the columns you need (that's what I just did to get rid of my 2004 error regarding some ASCII Field).

BTW: Are you sure you can use that Line Text Label on a VG224 Port? Why don't you just leave it out?

/David

Thanks david -

I had figured this out but you were right.  For all the patient rooms at our hospitals we want all line and caller ID fields populated.  I needed to be able to have a BAT file that would accomplish that.  I had done an export of a VG224 port but could not get the actual verbiage of the headings right.  After a few attempts I did get is.  You are right - I do not need the "Line Text Label" field.

I now have a working BAT file .xls format that is easy to fill in and will populate all the fields I require (and the template does the rest).

Best regards,

Les