cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN Error

jsandau
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a ssl vpn on a cisco 871. I install the client software (sslclient-win-1.1.4.179-anyconnect.pkg) and everything seems to go well. I can connect to the web page, but the ssl client won't install and I get the error "The SSL VPN HTTP response code recieved from the gateway indicates an error, contact your network administrator". A bit of research told me that the error was most likely due to the VPN client package, and it was recommended the I use the anyconnect package (anyconnect-win-2.5.1025-k9.pkg). But when I try to install the Annyconnect package I get the error "you have entered an invaild full tunnel client package file. please specify a vaild file". Then I try to put the original file back on and I get this error: "The size of the file to be copied is 2208936 bytes. There is not enough free space on your router's flash. Please delete some non Cisco CP files (and squeeze if nessesary) to free up space. How do I nstall the proper ssl package and why is the flash memory out of space, if nothing has been added to it? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IOS are you running on your cisco 871 router?

I would suggest that you remove all the SSL or AnyConnect installation package from your flash as the 800 series router flash normally has small flash size. Check the compatibility matrix for IOS and the AnyConnect/SSL version prior to installing it.

I'm using IOS version 12.4. Where would I find the compatibility matrix? Any compatibility matrix I found was for the ASA series of routers.