cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connection and Windows 7 Laptops CISCO ASA 5510

cityofkerrville
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded a handful of laptops to Windows 7. Found out that VPN does not work after the upgrade. Our XP clients are still able to connect to the VPN and have internet connection including access to network resources.  We are using ASA version 8.0(3) and the latest version of the VPN client. Read in a forum that Windows 7 does not support MS Chap v1. I enabled Ms Chap v2. However, when trying to access network resources, it is asking me for credentials. It's still hit and miss. Sometimes it will ask for my credentials and then allow me access after providing the credentials. Other times I get "An unexpected network error occured" other times I get a message that says something about a security compromise. Any help will be appreciate. Please let me know if any more information on the issue is needed so I can ask for it. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you upgraded the laptop from Windows XP to Windows 7, please kindly uninstall the Cisco VPN Client, and perform a fresh upgrade the VPN Client.

Please also check compatible VPN Client software for Windows 7, and install the right version.

I would suggest installing VPN Client version 5.0.7 that supports Windows 7 both 32-bit and 64-bit:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client5007/release/notes/vpnclient5007.html#wp63537

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: