cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 users, both logged in on the same Win 7 computer, VPN client issue

kgriffin6979
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the Cisco VPN client (64-bit) version 5.0.07.0290.

I have two user IDs created in Win 7.  I would like to log in with UserID1, connect to my wireless network and then connect to another network with the Cisco VPN client.  I'd then like to switch users (not log off User1, just switch users) and log in to the UserID2 account, but I'd like to use just my wireless network connection without using the Cisco VPN.

Is this possible?  Currently it's not working.  If I have UserID1 connected with the Cisco VPN client, UserID2 connects to my wireless network but cannot connect out to the internet.

In other words, if multiple users are logged into a machine and one is actively connected with the Cisco VPN client, is there a way to configure things so the other users can get out to the internet without using the Cisco VPN client?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Keith,

Please remember that connection of one user changes routing table for all (to begin with).

You'd ratherd need to look for a split tunneling and local-lan-access solution.

Here's an example config for split tunneling on ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702999.shtml

Marcin