Problem with linecard ES-20

Unanswered Question
Sep 16th, 2010

Hello,

I have a problem with linecard ES20 on 7606 router. This is error message on the screen that I captured : "%CHKPT-SP4-GET_huge_buf: client 61 buffer requested (size = 4056)". Because of this problem, some services on this linecard could not work properly while other linecards could.

I don't know how to fix this, please help me!!!

Thanks,

Hieu Trinh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
alvarado-j Tue, 10/26/2010 - 17:07

I'm also getting that message everytime i flap a link which is enabled with MPLS

LD and ISIS:

%CHKPT-SP-4-GET_HUGE_BUF: Client 61 buffer requested (size = 4056) is too  large

Any idea how can this be fixed?

Pavol Golis Fri, 11/12/2010 - 12:23

%CHKPT-SP-4-GET_HUGE_BUF si related to bug CSCta20953. Its cosmetic, has no impact on operation and was decided within Cisco that it wont be fixed.

Peter Paluch Fri, 11/12/2010 - 13:24

Hello Pavol,

Nice to meet you here again.

I would like to discuss the position of Cisco on this bug. I apologize for being argumentative here but I find it incomprehensible that a bug, no matter how minor, is not going to be corrected. In my opinion, it is precisely because the bug is of a cosmetic nature that it can and should be solved quickly, without substantial changes to the code.

Perhaps I am naive at this point but if I knew of a bug in the code, knew exactly why and how it is caused and had the possibility and knowledge to correct it I feel I would not hesitate...

Best regards,

Peter

wailunip Wed, 02/16/2011 - 08:31

Hi Pavel,

We have just experienced an outage with a pseudowire running through a 7613 when a card is inserted and this message appeared.

7343: GMT:  Client 61 buffer requested (size = 4056) is too large

So not sure this is just cosmetic.

Wai-Lun

Pavol Golis Wed, 02/16/2011 - 14:22

Hi,

Message appears during linecard bootup(reset,.. etc.), so its logical it showed up during insertion.

You need to raise a TAC  case to see whats actually behind the outage.

Pavol

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted September 16, 2010 at 1:41 AM
Stats:
Replies:9 Avg. Rating:
Views:3061 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard