Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with linecard ES-20

hieumit_1604
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with linecard ES20 on 7606 router. This is error message on the screen that I captured : "%CHKPT-SP4-GET_huge_buf: client 61 buffer requested (size = 4056)". Because of this problem, some services on this linecard could not work properly while other linecards could.

I don't know how to fix this, please help me!!!

Thanks,

Hieu Trinh

9 Replies 9

alvarado-j
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also getting that message everytime i flap a link which is enabled with MPLS

LD and ISIS:

%CHKPT-SP-4-GET_HUGE_BUF: Client 61 buffer requested (size = 4056) is too  large

Any idea how can this be fixed?

%CHKPT-SP-4-GET_HUGE_BUF si related to bug CSCta20953. Its cosmetic, has no impact on operation and was decided within Cisco that it wont be fixed.

Hello Pavol,

Nice to meet you here again.

I would like to discuss the position of Cisco on this bug. I apologize for being argumentative here but I find it incomprehensible that a bug, no matter how minor, is not going to be corrected. In my opinion, it is precisely because the bug is of a cosmetic nature that it can and should be solved quickly, without substantial changes to the code.

Perhaps I am naive at this point but if I knew of a bug in the code, knew exactly why and how it is caused and had the possibility and knowledge to correct it I feel I would not hesitate...

Best regards,

Peter

Message Edited.

Message Edited

wailunip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pavel,

We have just experienced an outage with a pseudowire running through a 7613 when a card is inserted and this message appeared.

7343: GMT:  Client 61 buffer requested (size = 4056) is too large

So not sure this is just cosmetic.

Wai-Lun

Hi,

Message appears during linecard bootup(reset,.. etc.), so its logical it showed up during insertion.

You need to raise a TAC  case to see whats actually behind the outage.

Pavol

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: