cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serverfarm state is Out of services, still the associated VIP accepts connections.

niklaslund
Level 1
Level 1

Serverfarm state is Out of services, still the associated VIP accepts connections.

Why ?

Niklas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no....it's not related to the sticky entry.

If the server is down, the sticky entry is removed.

The ace may still accept the TCP connection if it is configured as L7....in other words, if you do any data matching/lookup (like urls, cookies, ...)

But the connection will be closed once the client sends data since ACE has no server to forward the request to.

This is expected.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

david.stout
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using session stickyness ? I'm sure I've seen this before when using src-ip stickies and the connections were being accepted by the ACE even though the serverfarm was out of service. I could be wrong though. Try a clear sticky serverfarm name command.

Yes we are using src IP sticky based on regexp, I will try the clear command later.

Is this a known and reported bug ?

Thanks

Niklas

It's more of a feature than a bug. For performance reasons connections are matched to the sticky table first to see if the connection can be "fast tracked" through the ACE. There is a workaround for it but I cannot remember it off the top of my head.

no....it's not related to the sticky entry.

If the server is down, the sticky entry is removed.

The ace may still accept the TCP connection if it is configured as L7....in other words, if you do any data matching/lookup (like urls, cookies, ...)

But the connection will be closed once the client sends data since ACE has no server to forward the request to.

This is expected.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: