cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 7.0 Shutdown Procedure

j.broskey
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a building powerdown this weekend and we need to bring down the Call Manager servers.  We are running 7.0 with a Publisher and two Subscribers.  It is running on the linux platform.  Since I am unfamiliar with linux, are there any specific commands that I need to enter to bring down these boxes?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

For Shutdown;

Subs 1st followed by Pub

From cli

utils system shutdown

This command allows you to restart the system on the same partition, restart the system on the inactive partition, or shut down the system.

Command Syntax

utils system {restart | shutdown | switch-version}

Usage Guidelines

The utils system shutdown command provides a 5-minute timeout. If the system does not shut down within 5 minutes, the command gives you the option of doing a forced shutdown.

Requirements

Command privilege level: 1

Allowed during upgrade: No

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1051058

For startup Pub first followed by Subs

Cheers!

Rob

I found this extremely helpful as I am upgrading our CM servers and Unity tomorrow morning. Memory and software. I had instructions for everything but the shutdown/startup procedures.

Do these apply to the Presence linux box as well?

Anything in Unity 5.x upgrading to 7.x I should be concerned about?

Jonathan Beardsley CCNA Voice; MCITP Telecom & Network Administrator DECOSIMO

Hey Jonathan,

Good stuff my friend

Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x -- utils system CLI Command

From DocWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Main page: Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x

Contents

[hide

This command allows you to restart the system on the same partition, restart the system on the inactive partition, or shut down the system.

Command Syntax

utils system {restart | shutdown | switch-version}

Usage Guidelines

The utils system shutdown command has a five-minute timeout. If the system does not shut down within five minutes, the command gives you the option of doing a forced shutdown.

Requirements

Command privilege level: 1

Allowed during upgrade: No

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Presence%2C_Release_7.x_--_Cisco_IPT_Platform_CLI_Commands#Cisco_IPT_Platform_CLI_Commands

For the Unity upgrade, sadly we run Unity Connection so I won't be of any help here. I don't remember seeing any glaring issues for this upgrade on CSC. You may want to open a new thread here;

Unified Communications Applications

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/unified-comm-application?view=discussions

Best of luck!

Rob

j.broskey
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply Rob!!  Our vendor told us to simply powerdown the boxes.  I knew this probably would not be a good idea with a linux box.

Thanks again.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

You are most welcome

Good luck on the weekend!

Cheers!

Rob