Where does Unity connection store its messages?

Unanswered Question
Sep 16th, 2010

I have users that want me to listen to their voice mails, but I don't know where to look and how to access them.  Any help will be appreciated. I am running Unity Connection 7.1.5.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
anmcbrid Thu, 09/16/2010 - 08:19

The messages are actually just stored as wav files on the disk.  The headers for the message are stored in the database.  Theres a couple of different ways you could do this.

Use PCA, use IMAP or listen to them out of the backup using this.  http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/DRSMessageFisher/DRSMessageFisher.html

You could setup a distribution list if you always want a copy of it or obviously they could forward it to you.

Depends on what format you want and how often you need to see a copy.

David Hailey Thu, 09/16/2010 - 07:58

They are stored on-box referenced in the mailstore DB which resides on the Linux platform.  What you're looking to do here is likely having users give you their credentials (VM and web password) or you would reset them yourself.  You can then login to the TUI or via PCA.  Additional option is RSS feed or IMAP as the other poster replied.

May I ask why you would be listening to other people's voicemail?  May give a better take on how to help you.

D. Hailey

Actions

This Discussion