Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

I am trying to Activate and Strat the "Connection Database Proxy" in order to use COBRAS but the service doesn't start. It stays in the "Service in transition" mode for while and stops right after. I am using the "cmadmin" username and password but it looks like this is not the problem.

Thanks,

MK

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MK,

Hope all is well buddy

Can you try setting this as a "first" step;

To Change the Database Proxy Service Shutdown Timer

#

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, click System Settings > Advanced > Connection Administration.

#

Step 2 In the Database Proxy: Service Shutdown Timer  field, enter a value between 1 and 999 days.

#

A value of zero disables the Database Proxy Service.

#

Step 3 Click Save.

Cheers!

Huff

Thanks Rob, it's working now. Do I need to start this service in the Sub as well? Do I need to put the time back to 0 when I am done with the backup? Do I need to shutdown the Sub while importing the data to the Pub?

MK

Hi MK<

Good stuff

1. only needs to be started on Pub

2.the Database Proxy service will shut down automagically after the days specified

3. you shouldn't need to shut down the Sub

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks man,

MK

Hello Rob,

Could you please send me your email address to runbigtime@yahoo.com. I need to share a document with you and need your opinion.

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: