cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cuva is not connected to any phone.

benny.jr
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting started with Video Over IP, so there is a lot to learn from it.  I have Cisco IP communicator working on a laptop and I just installed CUVA software on it.  The cuva software is reporting not connection to any ip phone.  I created to problem report, thus I like to find out how to start troubleshooting the issue.  Any input will be helpful while learning process.

thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The main things to check firstly are:

1) Your CUVA PC must be connected to the phone's PC port

2) The phone must have 'video capabilities' enabled - you should see a little video camera icon on the screen.

If you don't see the camera icon, set 'video capabilities' to enabled in CCMAdmin for that phone. If you are using EM, you'll have to log out/in to get it to take effect.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The main things to check firstly are:

1) Your CUVA PC must be connected to the phone's PC port

2) The phone must have 'video capabilities' enabled - you should see a little video camera icon on the screen.

If you don't see the camera icon, set 'video capabilities' to enabled in CCMAdmin for that phone. If you are using EM, you'll have to log out/in to get it to take effect.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Another not widely known thing you can do for troubleshooing CUVA is double RIGHT click anyhwere in the gray area around the outside of the CUVA windows to bring up a diagnostic window.  May times you can see if CDP is bound to the wrong interface which happens many times if you have virtual machine (VM) software installed such as virtual box.

the video capabilities was

disable.  enable it and reset ip communicator and

both CIPC and CUVA started to communicate.

thanks,

Now, I just need to test video capabilities on our voice gateway.

Remember I just started to work with video over ip, so I am new

on all configuration.  Also, I will need to find some one who have the same capabilites, so I can start testing it.  In the mean time I am going to test it on the local net. if you like to voluteer let me know and I will schedule some time for testing it.

thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: