Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Services and device removal

AJ Schroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello group,

Just joined our new Ciscoworks server to our ACS server per the documentation and everything went fine except for the device import from LMS to ACS. Anyway, I have gone through and added a bunch of our devices to ACS manually and now they show up in CS, RME, etc. However, there is now a disproportionate amount of devices that are not in ACS versus devices in ACS.

My question is simply, can I remove those devices that are listed as "Not configured in ACS"? I tried to use the dcrcli command from the LMS server, but I get an error resembling a permission denied. Is a purge of devices possible?

Many thanks in advance,

AJ Schroeder

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The only way to purge devices in DCR not in ACS is to temporarily disable ACS integration.  Then clean up DCR, then re-enable ACS integration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AJ Schroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the error that I get when trying to remove devices from the dcrcli command (this is with the local admin account):

Exception in thread "main" com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRException: Authorization Failed
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.LocalDCR.getMatchingDevices(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.getMatchingDevices_DIRECT(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.getMatchingDevices(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRcli.performDel(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRcli.start(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRcli.main(Unknown Source)

I also tried with the system identity account and got rejected as well:

Error in Delete Device: User is not authorized to perform the task on device.

Hope this helps,

AJ Schroeder

The only way to purge devices in DCR not in ACS is to temporarily disable ACS integration.  Then clean up DCR, then re-enable ACS integration.

That worked as you described, now I have a database that is "in sync" with the ACS database.

Thank you!

AJ Schroeder

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: