cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1.3 broadcast message to distro list

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

I’m looking for a way to call the broadcast administrator extension, record my broadcast message, and instead sending that message to all recipients on the server, I want to send to a small group of defined user’s in a distro list.  The reason is that I want to force the user’s to listen to the message without them interrupting it and so that the message is the first thing they hear when they log on to voice mail.  Also that the MWI light does not come on.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

OK, I'm pretty sure what you're wanting to do isn't available in Unity Connection.  From what I've read, the broadcast messages go to all users on a box.  But, here is something you could try...  What if, instead of a distribution list, you put these users in a special partition, say Dist1_PT.  You then put this partition in you standard voicemail CoS.  But you also created a CoS for Dist1 that had just this partition in it.  And then if you created a non-mailbox user that was in this Dist1_CoS and gave that user rights to send broadcast messages, do you think it would only send messages to the users in its CoS?

I'd be tempted to test it, but I'm not going to all that work if this isn't something that meets your needs.  The bad part is that managing the users in the distro would fall to an admin changing a user's partition.

Jhitt-limited,

If what you say is true and BM can't go through a DL in Unity Connection then why would Cisco include this function as being available under Message Recipients in the Call Handler for BM?

I have included a screen shot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: