cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialable Intercom

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to set up dialable intercom on a new UC560 using the instructions in this post.  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3087596

Here are the important pieces of my configuration.

ephone-dn  150
number A3010
name DialableIntercomA3010
intercom A label "Intercom"
!
!
ephone-dn  151
number A3029
name DialableIntercomA3029
intercom A label "Intercom"
!
ephone  17
device-security-mode none
mac-address 0002.FDFF.5EB6
ephone-template 16
max-calls-per-button 2
username "DarcyMiller" password 123456
paging-dn 1
type 504G
button  1:39 2:151
!
ephone  33
device-security-mode none
mac-address 68EF.BD28.F3FE
ephone-template 16
max-calls-per-button 2
username "JoDallmann" password 123456
speed-dial 1 1001 label "Paging"
paging-dn 1 unicast
type 525G addon 1 500S
button  1:20 2:150 6m37 7m40
button  8m39 9m41 10m46 11m47
button  12m25 13m42 14m36 15m35
button  16m33 17m23 18m43 19m24
button  22m26 23m27 24m31 25m32
button  26m29 27m30 28m28 30m34
button  31m45 32m21 33m22 34m44
!

I have 2 problems.

1. I cannot push the intercom button then dial the extension to make it work.  It only work going from ephone 33 to ephone 17 by pushing the intercom button then hitting the monitor button for the other extension.  This works fine for someone who has a sidecar but not for normal users.

2. When the intercom does work, the called side picks up with mute activated.  Any way to not have it muted?

Thanks to anyone with answers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dialable Intercome is supported in CCA 2.2.5, and has the button option for no mute or with mute:

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dialable Intercome is supported in CCA 2.2.5, and has the button option for no mute or with mute:

Hi Steven

I am using software pack 8.0.4 on my UC540 with CCA 2.2(5)

I have configured dialable intercom exactly as you have shown in the screenshot

When I push the button on the phone (7975), I just get a busy signal.

What additional configuration is required?

First, check that the extension you are calling also has a dialable intercom button (or you will get busy)

Second, do you have SIP trunks enabled on this system?   If so, there has been a conflict discovered which will be corrected in the next CCA release.

Look for the dial-peer that starts with a * to disable outbound callerid and you have to delete this dial-peer for the dialable intercom to work. 

Hi Steven

I am using SIP trunks. I just got off of the phone with the UC small business support team, where we were able to direct intercom another phone which also had direct intercom button set up. We could not direct intercom to other phones...

This limitation renders the feature useless in a real business implementation. In real life, select phones should be able to dialable intercom to any phone - some phones should not be able to initiate the dialable intercom.

For instance, while I'd like our President to be able to instantly initiate 2-way communication with a support rep, I certainly don't want a support rep able to open a line to the president. See where I'm coming from?

Who do I talk to about making this feature useful?

I also told you to check that, and happy you got a consistent message from SBSC :-)

before we had dialable intercom, you would have to map a 1:1 intercom on EVERY phone to EVERY OTHER phone you wanted to intercom with.

For example, if one phone wanted to intercom with 5 others, it would require 5 Intercom buttons.  If it was a full mesh, every other phone would also reuire 5 buttons.  No one liked this.

Dialable replaces this with 1 button on every phone that wants to intercom.

When you configure it, you may have noticed the MUTE checkbox, which prevents listening (send only) if you want.

We took this request to make Intercom simpler and require fewer buttons from many partners, who do find it useful.

Perhaps you can use PAGE for what you want?   You can put phones inside page groups and the boss can blurt out important info to all of them (they can not reply however in this mode)

Hope it helps!.

Thank you for your input Jon, however our support people can report to their respective managers. Regardless of how accessible you feel the president should be to the support staff, this is not the functionality I, and I imagine the majority of businesses require.

Steven - 2-way communication is required. Dialable intercom is very close to being useful... however if you're not part of the dialable club, you can't be intercommed... I would say that the feature just wasn't thought out. It's been neutered into uselessness

I find it very useful in an environment where a support rep has been told that if he finds something of real important to the company do not hesitat to call the president. Unless you think a support rep cannot think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: