cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software conferences on Publisher (CUCM 7.1)

mleboeuf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM cluster with two servers.  When we configure the system to use the media ressources of the subscriber for conferencing, everything works fine.  But when we configure the system to use the publisher, we get a busy tone when we try to add the third participant.  The SRND says that it is not recommended to use the Pub for conferencing but it doesn't say that it won't work.  What we want to do, is to configure the system to use the ressources of the subscriber first, and then use those of the publisher if the sub is not available for any reasons.

Thanks for your help!!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like codec issues, check the phones speak G711 to the CFB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,  I already verfified the codec.  Everything in the system is in G.711...

thanks!

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You might be getting "Reorder tone" instead of Busy tone.

Two points to cross check...

1. The codecs as SW conferencing supports using only single codec (G.711 or Wideband)

2. Check service parameters for IP Voice Media streaming application on the Publisher server (Tools > Service parameters --> Select "Publisher")

Hope it helps...

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

I alrready verified the codecs and they all are in G.711.  The IPVMS service is also running on both servers.  I even restarted them.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

Did you check "Call Count" service parameter for IPVMS?

Regards..

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are you configuring the phones to use the publisher vs the subscriber?  What's your Media Resource Group (MRG) and Media Resource Group LIst (MGRL) configuration look like and what MRGL is set where for the test phone trying to initiate the conference (phone, common device config, device pool)?  It could be that the phone doesn't have access to any conference bridge when you are trying to use the publisher.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: