Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Management port on a ASA 5550

dacruzer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me how to configure the management port on a ASA 5550.  I assume that by configuring an IP on this port, you can SSH into the device.  Here is the current config:

interface Management0/0
nameif management
security-level 100
ip address 204.62.85.208 255.255.255.0
management-only

Thank you in advance.

Alfred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Allen P Chen
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

To allow SSH, you have to specify the subnet/host you want to allow.  For example:

ssh 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 management (will allow all hosts on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet to SSH into the ASA through the management interface)

Be sure you have the crypto key generated for SSH access:

crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Allen P Chen
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

To allow SSH, you have to specify the subnet/host you want to allow.  For example:

ssh 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 management (will allow all hosts on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet to SSH into the ASA through the management interface)

Be sure you have the crypto key generated for SSH access:

crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024

Hope that helps!

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the quick response, that works!

Do you know where I can get information on how to configure an ASA 5550?  I have a PIX 525 that will be replaced with the ASA but I want to go through the details of properly configuring the ASA.

Thanks again,

Alfred

Hi Alfred,

Glad to hear that resolved the issue.  What software version are you running on the ASA?  Here is the link to the official configuration guides for the ASA:

http://tinyurl.com/yrhv8z

Here are configuration examples to various features on the ASA (NAT, failover, VPN, etc)

http://tinyurl.com/n8u2a

Thanks!

I am running version 8.2.1

THanks

Alfred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: