Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME on cisco 3745 router

Hi Guys; Does anybody know how to

install ZIP type CME's

on to a cisco 3745?  Need to do the lab.

Thanks.  Farhad.

2 Replies 2

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you mean by "ZIP type" CME. CME is part of IOS. It doesn't need to be installed separately. Only the support files (phone firmware, GUI files, etc) need to be downloaded manually to the router flash. Can you clarify?

-Felipe

Hi Felip;

Thank you for your reply, ok, Let us say , I want to install cme 4.2 full in my 3745. It doesn't work but I can download " cme-124-11xw2.zip" with a IOS of example c 3745-ipvoice-mz.124-11.XW7.bin.

After dowloading the ios , I have to unzip the cme and archive tar file and copy the other files in the flash. Ok. With this method, all the cme's fit the 3745, ( except the cme 8.0.0.0), but directories seems not to be there. When I issue command " dir flash:/phone. There is nothing no directories. So I can't go any forward.

I can install the CME gui 7.0.0.1 no problem, and it takes it nicely but command "mkdir phone" doesn't work so how can I do it manually.

Am I on the right track or missing something reaaly big. Because there is nothing on the cisco's official book about this. It just uses a cisco 2801 machine with CME full 4.3

Kind regards.

Fereidoun.