Views
Helpful
Replies

Channel Group

mangesh-bhende
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a lab setup of two 2821 routers connected back to back using E1 pri links and want to send Data on this link. In order to achieve this task i have configured channel groups on controller interface, assigned ip address and routing and the setup works perfectly works fine.

However my question is in real scenario since E1 is a circuit switching link and Service provider has to exactly map all channels on side A to all channels on side B over PSTN network for ever unlike ondemmand circuit switching (Telephony) network. inorder to achive this task what exactly we need to communicate to service providers of E1 link? also confirm my understanding on this is correct? or is this link is a special link which can only be deployed by single service provider? or what is the funda behind this?

Regards

Mangesh Bhende

7 Replies 7

mangesh-bhende
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Kindly help me to reply to this post...This is very important for me to proceed with certain aspects. Appriciate if you can spend some time on this.

Regards

Mangesh Bhende

It really isnt clear what you are trying to do.  Can you explain in more detail?  Do you need to be terminating voice or data circuits?  Or a mixture of both?

What protocols is your service provider using on the E1?  PRI? Or E1-CAS (E1-R2)?  Or something else?

Hi Steven,

What i mean is since E1 is circuit switching link (which works on dialed number) and the channel group is bundling all channels of E1 and making this to work like lease line. So how the service provider handles this kind of requests when no dialing information is provided in the configuration and all 31 channels are connected on ther end of the site all the time to pass Data.

Regards

Mangesh Bhende

So this is a data E1 and not a voice PRI then?  What does this have to do with voice?  It's still not clear what you're trying to accomplish.

Yes when there is Data PRI on both sides of PSTN cloud connected to routers E1 PRI, then does the service provider has to map all 31 channels one to one from one end to other end across his his PSTN cloud for ever?

The PSTN is for voice, not digital data transmission.  You're trying to put a data circuit across a telephony cloud. I think you're going to need modems for that, to translate the digital data into 'voice audio' when it hits the PSTN.

You're in the wrong forum though; this forum is for VoIP.  Ask the remote access forum.  They may be able to help out more.

Hi Mate,

Thanks, i will post this on remote access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: