Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help to configure ICM to connect to a Ericsson/Aastra MD110

slavr
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everybody!

Anyone in here who have experince in connecting ICM to Ericsson MD110 pbx?

• I have configured a Logical Controller as Client Type MD110
  • A have added a Peripheral, but I am unsure what configuration task needs to be done?
  • I have installed a PG to connect to the Application Link, using the default port.

I guess I need to configure a VRU PG also, right? (If yes, can that VRU be a Cisco IPIVR?)

Do I need to configure Translation Routing To IVR?

Do I need to configure Device Targets also?

This deployment is also configrured to use Unified Communications Manager and Cisco IPIVR (CRS). The PG is configured as a SystemIPCC PG. Some of the advantages for this type, is that it dont uses Translation Routing To IVR and Device Targets for the agent phones.

Any reply's is very much appriciated.

Regards

\Søren

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I guess I need to configure a VRU PG also, right? (If yes, can that VRU be a Cisco IPIVR?)

Do I need to configure Translation Routing To IVR?

Do I need to configure Device Targets also?

I haven't done an Ericsson for a very long time. I do recall integrating one with ICM on a Spanlink advanced training course many years ago.

I think you would want an IVR and there should be no reason why an IPIVR would not work. Like all IVRs, it interfaces with the ICM over GED-125, so there should be no difference from one IVR to another as long as they obey the GED-125 protocol.

You would want the call arriving on the MD110, so to get it over to the IVR you certainly want a translation route to preserve call context.

You would treat the call in the IVR and then bring it back to the switch for queuing.

This is going to be quite different from a CUCM PG / IP IVR setup, and it's going to be very different from a System PG setup, where a lot of the nuts and bolts are hidden (like trans routes, which are there, but done through correlation IDs).

Regards,

Geoff

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

This is an old document link I had for ICM 5.0. Not sure how helpful it will be but figured I'd share..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_5_0/installation/guide/Switch.pdf

Hello Geoff and jpsweeney77.

Thanks so much for your posts - they were very helpful to me.

In the meantime I found that my customers MD110 is not supported by Cisco.

My customer has an MD110 BC.12 and Cisco only supports versions BC9, BC10, BC11...

Regards

\Søren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: